Snow Tiger Martial Arts is a is an association of affiliated Martial Arts Clubs throughout Eastern and Central Ontario, stretching from Peterborough to Kingston, and Bancroft to Picton.
We provide instruction in variety of Martial Arts styles and systems for you to enjoy including Chito-Ryu Karate, Canadian Jiu-Jitsu, My-Jong Kung-Fu, Hsing-I Kung-Fu, Yang style Tai-Chi-Chuan, Muay Thai, Kali, Kenjutsu and Kickboxing.
Come and visit one of our clubs. You’re sure to find something to enjoy!
For further information about some of the styles of martial arts we teach, please browse the following Wikipedia links:
- Arthritis in the Hands SeminarI hate it when people suffer like this. People with arthritis in their hands want to do everything they can but they can only do so much until the pain sets it. With my martial arts mind, I call that an attack and I have only one response to that – I go after the attacker. This is self-defence time, medically speaking. And the counter-attack is relentless. A gentleman who was working in a plant spent his shift putting product into bags and tying them up. After four hours of this, he couldn’t close his hands but he wanted to … Continue reading
- Magwood’s Martial Arts September UpdateMagwood’s Martial Arts September UpdateFall Online TrainingFull details including class descriptions and testimonials are on the website at, https://www.magwoodsmartialarts.com/online-classes Magwood’s Martial Arts Online Live Zoom Platform Group Classes Fall 2020Starting September 8th 2020 Tuesday Morning9:30 to 10:15am – Chi Kung, Tai Chi and Internal Marital Arts11:00 to 11:30am – Traditional Weapons Study (Double Edge Sword)Tuesday After School4:00 to 4:30pm – Children’s and Youth Martial ArtsTuesday Evening7:00 to 7:45pm – Canadian Jiu Jitsu and Karate Workout Wednesday Evening7:00pm – Kung Fu, Hsing I Chuan (12 Animals Study)7:30pm – Kung Fu, My Jong Law Horn Pai (Tam Tuey Study) Thursday Morning9:30am – … Continue reading
- Kai Shin Karate Black Belt Examination Results1st Degree Black Belt Maureen Lepinskie (Bancroft Martial Arts)Melenie Lord (Bancroft Martial Arts) 2nd Degree Black Belt Chris McGargar (Bancroft Martial Arts)Dave Phillips (Madoc Martial Arts)
- Seminar! To Hurt and to HealHi Everyone, I will be running my first Zoom seminar on Sunday, August 23 at 10:00 a.m. EST. That’s the time frame I used to run my Black and Brown Belt classes when we could still gather and train together. So this will be my first foray into the online training world. The topic that I’ve chosen has a strange title to it – To Hurt and to Heal. The concept is fairly old in the martial arts. An instructor would run an acupuncture/herbal/moxibustion/massage/bone-setting clinic, often right next door to the training hall. Often, he or she would use martial … Continue reading
- CongratulationsCongratulations to Maureen Lepinskie and Melanie Lord, both long timemembers of the Bancroft Martial Arts Club, for passing to the Snow TigerMartial Arts Association's Sho-Dan-Ho. They will have their first degreeBlack Belt test in front of Sensei Guest in August in Mississauga, On. Congratulations also to Sensei Chris McCargar (Bancroft Martial Arts) andSensei Dave Phillips (Madoc Martial Arts) for passing a review test today.They will be testing for 2nd Degree Black Belt in front of Sensei Guest inAugust.
- Arthritis in the Hands Seminar
- Magwood’s Martial Arts September Update
- Kai Shin Karate Black Belt Examination Results
- Seminar! To Hurt and to Heal
- Fwd: [Fwd: OUMA Newsletter – COVID-19 Re-Opening]
- Nyingje Jujitsu Sangha – Online Training
- Sensei Jim Werden – Martial Paths Online Training
- Faulks Jiu Jitsu – Online Training
- Sensei Bob Grabowski